Saturday, June 7, 2008

Macro: To stalk a spider !



1 | 2 | 3


Stalking a Spider

f/11, 1/60s, Off Camera i-TTL Fill Flash, Tamron 1:1 90mm macro lens, Nikon D80


I know I haven't been updating for a while - my bad. So, this week, here's a series of photo of me stalking a spider in my garden.

Spiders can be quite hard to photograph, requiring plenty of patience. Basically, you have to be prepared to wait, and be really patient. You can help it a little by either photographing them in the morning when they are less active, or by using a strong flash to stun them a little.

It's really important when photographing little insects to make sure the eyes are sharp and in focus. Other parts of the insect can be a little out of focus - the depth of field is hard to control at macro levels - but the eyes must always be sharp.

2 comments:

Chen said...

the first picture is so unique..
i was trying to figure out where's the spider earlier on till i spot the 2 big round eyes :)

Nice spider pict.

How come the spider has so many eyes geh? :P

inevitable said...

Bro, I don't think I have the patience